Test ROMs by Pincoder/Cameo Systems Inc. – Version 2018.11.12.1352
The Pincoder sofware (“software”) is trademarked and owned by Cameo
Systems Inc. (“Cameo”) and is provided for use at your own risk. By
downloading, copying, distributing, and/or using this software you agree
to be bound by the following license terms:
1) Cameo is not responsible for any damages arising from the use of
this software, whether direct, indirect, or consequential.
2) You may utilize, copy, and distribute this software free of charge
provided the following conditions are met:
a) You may not charge a fee for copies of the software.
b) You may not charge a fee for distributing the software.
c) Copies that you make and/or distribute must be in their
original unmodifed form.
d) You must pass along information about how to obtain the latest
version directly from Cameo Systems.
3) You may charge your usual fee, if any, for utilizing the ROMs in
the process of diagnosing your clients machine. You are under no
obligation to pay Cameo a royalty fee as long as all of the above
conditions in (2) are met.
4) The software is available only in compiled (“binary”) form. The
source code is not available to the public.
1) Download and extract the Pincoder software.
2) Power down the game.
3) Remove the correct ROM chip from the MPU board and make note of
the chip number printed on the top of the chip itself (not the paper
* The FLIPPER ROMs for different systems are identified by color
(system 6 is GREEN, system 7 is BLUE, etc). Consult the game
documentation and/or the printed labels on the ROM chips to
identify the correct chip.
* Remove ONLY the 2nd FLIPPER ROM chip from the socket the MPU
board. If there is an adapter board between the chip and the MPU
board then leave the adapter board installed.
4) Browse into the Pincoder software folder based on the MPU board
your game was ORIGINALLY designed for:
* For System 3, 4, and 6 use the sys346 folder.
* For System 7 use the sys7 folder.
* If you have a system 7 board and it is correctly jumpered to run
system 3,4, or 6 software, then use the sys346 folder.
5) Choose the correct test to run:
* Tests with a numbered prefix are mandatory and must be run from
the lowest to highest. Tests without a prefix are optional.
* You must successfully complete each numbered test before moving
on to a higher numbered test.
* If the prefix for a test ends in the letter a and the test
fails you can run the tests with the remaining letters (b,c,d,
etc) to help find the problem. Fix any problems found and run
the a test again. Once the board passes the a test you can
continue with the next higher numbered test.
6) Read the instructions for the chosen test.
* Read the instructions for the chosen test in the corresponding
.txt file BEFORE running the test.
7) Select the correct ROM file (.bin) to use based on the size of the
chip removed earlier:
* For a 2K chip (2716, 2816) use the images in the 2K directory.
* For a 4K chip (2532, 2732) use the images in the 4K directory.
8) Progam and use the selected ROM image:
a) Use a chip programmer to program the selected image into a
different EPROM chip.
b) Power down the game.
c) Insert the EPROM into the socket identified earlier.
d) Open the coin door
e) Power on the game to run and operate the test.
9) When you are finished testing:
a) Run the clear_cmos ROM or remove and re-insert the batteries on
the MPU board.
b) Power down the game.
c) Reinstall the original ROM chip.
d) Ensure the coin door is open and power on the machine. This
will bring you into audit mode. The Player 1 display will show the
game id and version. If desired, you can change the games default
settings as per the game instruction manual.
e) Power down and close the coin door.
f) Power on again. This will bring you into attract mode.
Modified numbering of ROM names to make it easier to understand the order
of tests to run.
| The PinCoder website:
| The official support thread:
This version can be downloaded here: pincoder_roms_2018.11.12.1352.zip
To obtain the latest release version, select “Release Download” from the main menu.
To obtain the latest beta version, select “Beta Download” from the main menu.